Advocacy starts with you! The Kentucky Psychological Association-Political Action Committee (KPA-PAC), http://www.kpapac.org , has received outstanding support from psychologists across the state. In our inaugural year, we are excited to report that 100% of eligible KPA board members donated to the KPA-PAC and we received numerous contributions from psychologists throughout Kentucky.
Your generous offerings allowed psychology to have a voice through supporting state legislative races. We are pleased to report that your dollars in action contributed to victory for eleven of the fourteen campaigns to which we donated. That’s right, eleven of the fourteen legislators we donated to won their legislative race! Here’s the list of the eleven winning campaigns to which we contributed this year.
1. Senator Morgan McGarvey (D) –serves Senate District 19 in Jefferson County and is on the Medicaid Oversight and Advisory Committee (among others)
2. Rep. Rocky Adkins (D)-Minority Floor Leader-serves House District 99-Elliot, Lewis, Rowan
3. Rep. Sannie Overly (D)-serves House District 72-Bath, Bourbon, Fayette (part), Nicholas
4. Rep. Jody Richards (D)-serves House District 20-Warren (part) and is on the Education Committee (among others)
5. Rep. Lynn Belcher (R)-serves House District 4-Caldwell, Christian (part), Crittenden, Livingston
a. Service- House-2013-present
6. Rep. Tom Burch (D)-serves House District 30- Jefferson (part) and is on the Veterans, Military Affairs, and Public Protection committees (among others)
7. Rep. Reginald Meeks (D)-serves House District 42-Jefferson (part) and is on the Education and Licensing and Occupations committee (among others)
8. Rep. Darryl T. Owens (D)-serves House District 43-Jefferson (part) and is on the Health and Welfare, Health and Family Services, and Licensing and Occupations committees (among others)
9. Rep. Susan Westrom (D)-serves House District 79 –Fayette (part) and is on the Licensing and Occupations committee (among others)
10. Senator Stephen Meredith (R)-serves Senate District 5-Breckinridge, Edmonson, Grayson, Hart, Larue, Meade and is on the Medicaid Oversight and Advisory, Education, and Health and Welfare committees (among others)
11. Rep. Jill York (R)- serves House District 96-Carter, Lawrence and is on the Education committee (among others)
Look for future newsletters to highlight contributions these legislators have made to the Commonwealth of Kentucky. We hope that you join us in supporting psychology’s voice across the state!
For even more information on the legislators we've supported, click here!